mandag 4. august 2014

Day 54: King Size

52.4 km

Not very eager to get up early, I finally dragged myself out of the tent at 10:00. Th sun was shining and it was a beautiful day, as most days had been. I sat at the nearby table trying to figure out where to end the day, and by 12:30 I was on the bike. I cruised lightly along the narrow backroads recommended by the maps before I ended up in Radford. The heat had been significantly higher today than the previous days, so it felt good to step inside in the A/C at a Mexican restaurant.




After a hearty meal, I rolled right across the street to a motel to check the prices. The extremely friendly and helpful Indian man at the lobby was sorry to inform me of the lack of available rooms, but directed me to a similar motel on the other side of town that he was the owner of. He wrote down directions for me and called the receptionist and told him to give me a king size bed for about 20% off. I biked over there, stopping only for groceries and spent the evening doing some writing.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar