tirsdag 22. juli 2014

Day 40: Layover in Farmington

It felt extremely weird not to have to bike today. I had gotten into this routine of cycling every day and I kind of felt guilty but at the same time that I had deserved a day off. I took my time this morning doing some laundry and chilling out. Foster and Anthony had planned to go to the bike shop that didn't open until 10:00, so we hung around the hostel until then.





I enjoyed a coffee at a nice coffee shop one block away, catching up on some Norwegian news before heading back to the hostel to say goodbye to the guys. The whole rest of the day went by very quickly with some bike maintenance and lengthy conversations with home. I also went to a supermarket and passed by a gun shop that I just had to walk in to. Watching all the stuff they had there and talking to the guys that worked there was quite an experience of its own. 



Anthony and Foster had warned that there were some eastbound cyclist headed for Farmington just down the road, so I expected that there would be some more people at the hostel but as the evening went by, no one arrived and I had this huge place all to myself. 

After having a beer and a delicious pasta meal at a local restaurant, I headed back to the hostel and went to sleep - ready for a new period of cycling. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar